Monday, March 9, 2009

Coming to you live from KINI


Sunday was my first day at the radio station. I played oldies and classic rock for four hours. I was suuuper nervous, but I got the hang of it. I was dancing and singing along to all the tunes i was playing, and I was terrified that I would accidentally leave my mic on and everyone would hear me rocking out.

Here's some of what I played on my first day... excellent.



In other news, I found the back room at the station, and it is filled with dusty stacks of old records that they never use. They don't even have a turn table, so the manager said I could borrow whatever I wanted. What was the first record I went for...?

RICK ASTLEY, sucka. I couldn't help myself.

2 comments:

Amphetamine said...

radio dj? dood that's perfect for you. good music and maybe eventually political commentary/talk radio? DO IT.

abigail said...

who is rick astley? that picture of you is awesome. it reminds me of alan partridge doing his a.m. radio show for farmers. so cool. glad to see you played Mendy's favorite song, walk of life. BIG UPS