Wednesday, August 15, 2012

First thoughts on Delhi


Ok. Not too crowded. I can do this. Oh, it's Independence Day, you say? That would explain that. Hey, these cars are cool. Like the ones in the movies about India. I guess that makes sense. Is that a donkey on the highway? Who does he belong to? Who is his master? Where is he going? I wonder if he was on my flight but couldn't get a taxi… no that doesn't make sense. Molly, I think you're tired. These Jesuits seem nice. I wonder if they think I'm a lunatic. Probably. I think I'm a lunatic. Like a fox. But at least I can put together their website. Boy, how do these people sleep along the highway? At least find some shade. How is this traffic not waking you up right now? Sleeping in the streets? Ok. Guys hold hands here? Guys hold hands here. Like Walter and Perry. The horns sound different here. Oh, this is where I live. Chickens. Kids begging for money. What do you MEAN I don't have satellite TV? Just kidding. Bucket showers. I'm into it. Very Leonard Cohen, "I choose the rooms that I like in with care, there is only one bed and only one chair." This is the office? Is this the same organization I was just working for? So, JRS South Asia regional office. One table, three computers, three staff and this guy. Well, this is going to be a party. Excuse me sir, can you point me in the direction of the nearest Sur la Table? Sir? Sir? What a trip.


No comments: